Tuesday, April 9, 2013

We a graph thats shows statistics of the ammont of Anti-islamic hate crimes commited between the years on 1995 to 2008. It shows the hate crimes were very low till 2001 when it increased drastically. then  between 2002 and 2008 it lovered bhut still was hight than it was before 2001. In this graph we can conclude in 2001 there was alot of anti-islamic hate crime due to 9/11 terrorist attack. We can understand to an extent why people would feel a certain way about about islamic people however it does not justify the commitment of hate crimes against innocent people. What gets me fustrated is people expect the violence to stop with more violence. One of the problems i have with this source I would like to know what was the percentages of who committed these anti- islamic hate crimes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Loriana and I'm a part of Professor Rogers-Cooper's ENN 195, one of our assignments was to critique a blog from a different class and I was assigned your blog. My critique is very late due to personal problems. However, here it is:
    I thought your blog was interesting. I remember where I was during 9/11, I was standing by a window in my Global Studies class during my senior year of

    ReplyDelete
  2. high school, the entire class as a whole kept staring out of the window at the billowing cloud of smoke that started in Manhattan and was slowly making its way to our section of Brooklyn. It was astounding to think something that huge was caused by an act of terror. I found your blog interesting because you seem to feel passionate about it. The only suggestions I would give you is to lengthen your blog a little more. Also go into detail as to why you believe these hate crimes were so prevalent after 9/11. You should also go into detail as to your reasoning behind wanting to see statistics about the people committing the hate crimes. I would love to see the statistics behind that as well. Lastly, you should try explaining your theory that people believe violence will stop with more violence. Do you believe that we as a society are conditioned to use violence very easily as a solution. I myself believe that violence is a cycle. In most cases in society, violence is inflicted and the victims tend to respond with more violence, and so on. Thanks for the blog :)

    ReplyDelete